Dr. Milind Pande is currently working in the capacity of Pro-Vice Chancellor’s, MIT World Peace University, Pune, India. Founded in MIT Pune is a multi-discipline, multi-location centre of excellence with over 63 institutes imparting value based education to over 54,000 students across India. A dedicated professional with 25 years of Academic Experience, Dr. Milind has played a pivotal role in getting license of Private University for MIT Pune in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Maharashtra in India. He has traveled extensively across the world for Technology Transfers, International Tie-ups, Collaborations and Faculty/Student exchange programs.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the growing branch of computer science concerned with building dynamic and computer-controlled machines & robots that have the capabilities to perform the work as human intelligence would do. It is the science and engineering of making intelligent machines and intelligent computer programs.
In this fast paced world, the growing use of technology and its awareness have emerged to be consecutively strategic and beneficial. There are numerous real-time applications of AI:
- Speech Recognition: It is also known as automatic speech recognition (ASR), computer speech recognition, or speech-to-text, and it is a capability that uses natural language processing (NLP) to process human speech into a written format.
- Customer Service: Online chatbots are replacing human agents. They answer frequently asked questions (FAQs) around topics like shipping, or provide personalized advice, cross-selling products, or suggesting sizes for users, changing the way we think about customer engagement across websites and social media platforms.
- Recommendation Engines: Using past consumption behaviour data, AI algorithms can help to discover data trends that can be used to develop more effective cross-selling strategies.
Ministry of Education in collaboration with CBSE and the most-recognized electronic Chip producing company Intel has introduced an initiative called ‘AI for ALL’, to have a basic understanding of AI. An online learning program is divided into two parts of AI Aware & AI Appreciate.
AI has proved to be a boon for the professional sector. With the recent advancement & an inclination to have fair knowledge, National Education Policy 2020 emphasizes preparing students for an AI-driven economy. The policy focuses on making education more experiential and future-oriented, building crucial skills such as data analysis, computational thinking, etc. from a young age through the teaching of contemporary subjects such as Artificial Intelligence.
The key features of AI for All are:
- The program has self-paced content for users a with number of questionnaires to assess their knowledge.
- The content is compatible with everyone, and special features are technologically friendly for visually impaired participants.
- The program is available in 11 languages – English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, and Punjabi.
AI for All will make one acquainted with the growing technology and will demystify AI for people from all walks of life – a student, a stay-at-home parent, a professional in any field, a senior citizen – basically, anyone interested in getting acquainted with it and wanting to build a ‘Digital First Mindset’.
AI is the need of the hour & human intelligence has been replaced, to an extent, by Artificial Intelligence. AI wave is pervading several international schools and has truly caught the fancy of the students, who not only take a keen interest in these classes
But also develops AI models based on learning. The use of AI in the academic sector is still in its primitive state in India, but its scope is sky touching.