UPES, a NAAC ‘A’ grade accredited multidisciplinary university has introduced new undergraduate and post graduate programs in its School of Health Sciences from the academic session 2021. The new programs launched will offer students integrated modules with specialisations and options to choose from various minor electives. There has been a surge in the need for skilled healthcare workers so these programs are designed bearing in mind the industry demands and to equip the students with the right skill sets making them readily employable.
New and integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc. programs
UPES School of Health Sciences has launched three new integrated undergraduate B.Sc.-M.Sc. programs which are of 4 year duration and on successful completion, students will be given an integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc. degree.
- Integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc. (Clinical Research) with specializations in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Regulatory Affairs
- Integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc. (Nutrition & Dietetics) with specializations in Dietetics and Holistic Wellness and Nutraceutical and Nutritional Policy
- Integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc. (Microbiology) with specializations in Food and Environmental Microbiology and Medical and Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- A 2 year post graduate program- M. Sc. (Pharmacology and Toxicology) with two specializations, Applied Clinical Pharmacology and Molecular and Biochemical Toxicology.
New Integrated B. Tech. – MBA programs
UPES School of Health Sciences has introduced integrated 5-year B. Tech. – MBA programs. Unlike the typical B. Tech. + MBA programs which usually takes 6 years, these programs are for 5 years saving students one year. Under these courses students will be receiving two specialisations, one in the B. Tech. program and other in the MBA program.
- B. Tech. – MBA (Food Technology) with specialization in Food Plant Engineering or Food Biotechnology under Food Technology electives and specialization in Product Management or Marketing under management electives.
- B. Tech. – MBA (Biotechnology) with specialization in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Biosimilars or Plant Biotechnology under Biotechnology electives and specialization in Biotechnology Product Management or Biotechnology Marketing under management electives.
- Apart from the integrated programs, a new B. Tech. (Biotechnology) a four-year degree program has been launched with specialization in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Biosimilars or Plant Biotechnology.
Along with the undergraduate and postgraduate programs, the School has also introduced PhD programs in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Microbiology, and Food and Nutrition Sciences.
Dr Neeraj Mahindroo, Dean, School of Health Sciences commented on the benefits of these courses and said,” The new programs are built on an interdisciplinary approach with the purpose of providing our students with well-rounded education offering them multiple specialisations and the opportunity to explore subjects from other disciplines at UPES like design, business, artificial intelligence and more. We have included mandatory life skills courses for professional development and signature courses covering topics of intellect in the curriculum. The courses have been planned after proper consultation with industry experts and the semesters have been designed to offer our students sufficient time for research which is of utmost importance and gives them the needed national and global exposure.”
UPES is a multi-disciplinary university and offers specialized under-graduate and post-graduate programs through its seven schools- School of Engineering, School of Computer Science, School of Design, School of Law, School of Business, School of Health Sciences, and School of Modern Media.
It is globally recognized by QS Ratings with 5 Stars for academic development, employability (placements), campus facilities and program strength. Despite 2020 being a challenging year due to COVID-19, UPES had a placement record of 94% with unicorns, global companies and startups across industries including Accenture, Adani Power, Aditya Birla, Amazon, American Express, Bosch, Byju’s, Ziegler Aerospace, Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai Motor India, Royal Enfield, Indigo Airlines, HDFC Ltd, Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, Projects Ltd, Nestle, ITC Ltd, Hitachi Consulting, IBM, Reliance Jio Infocomm, and more.