Sommet Education, leading worldwide network of first-class higher education hospitality and culinary art schools Les Roches, Glion Institute of Higher Education and Ecole Ducasse, appoints a Digital Board composed of high-calibre experts in order to speed up and nourish digital hospitality studying experience and generate a direct impact on its curriculum worldwide.
For a sustainable approach of digital learning
Sommet Education has been successfully accelerating its digitalization as a response to the pandemic situation.
The digital transformation of the company has been led by a dedicated taskforce including digital and academic members to ensure solutions developed to respond with utmost flexibility and academic rigour to the situation and new student’s needs.
A wide range of solutions has been developed in the past months:
- Broadening the scope of learning with contextual and tailor-made courses: from specific academic series focusing on the crisis management “Leading Hospitality Through Turbulent Times” to the 5 000 on-line Certificates delivered and developed on Future Learn on-line learning platform.
- Offering new learning experiences: first phygital and one of a kind Bachelor semester Glion-Les Roches Connect,
- Flexibility in learning methods: implementing Live broadcasting and replay of courses on on-line learning platform to adapt to each individual situation (transport issue, late arrivals, willingness to review course material…),
- Smart technological and innovation investments with virtual enrolment tours, state-of-the art Innovation hubs dedicated on new technologies development in Les Roches Crans-Montana and Marbella Campuses.
- Academic developments of technology-driven programs: Master’s in hospitality strategy and Digital transformation program at Les Roches.
Sommet Education wishes to accelerate this movement and further take the lead on the Future of Hospitality Education and the sustainable integration of Digital learning solutions and new technologies in the curriculums.
The Digital Board
The aim of the Digital Board is to support Sommet Education with digital expertise and propose fresh ideas, services, products and solutions leveraging on digitalization to be implemented in campuses and courses and further integrate digitalization in the learning experiences of the students.
The board is based on the member expertise and worldwide recognition in their field. The first members joining are Roberto Eggs, Chief Marketing and Operating Officer, Executive Board Member at Moncler, Mathieu Lhomme, Strategic Transformation Officer at Danone, Rajay Naik, CEO of Skilled Education, as well as Olivier Younès, PhD, Founding CEO of EXPEN (www.expen.com) & Professor at HEC Paris. The board aims at integrating new members and expertise throughout the development of its reflections.
The Digital Board members will share their expertise and experience in the business applications of new technologies and bring a disruptive and unconventional approach to the education sector supporting its development and talents growth. Their observations, opinions, proposals or recommendations will transform concretely into digital services and products to be experimented and implemented in the group institutions’ campuses and curriculums.
On the appointment of the Digital Board, Benoît-Etienne Domenget, the CEO of Sommet Education said “Over the past months, Sommet Education has proven its ability to adjust to the needs of its students and accelerate its digital transformation. I am very proud and excited to welcome such highly recognized experts to further provide additional stimulus and bring fresh ideas to the existing curriculum thus taking the hospitality studying experience to the third-generation level.”