The School of Communications and Reputation (SCoRe), a premier institute created by seasoned PR professionals to train fresh talent entering the industry, announced admissions for its full-time online programme today. The 10-month long programme – Post Graduation in Public Relations (PGPR)- is ideal for graduates looking to build a strong foundation for a career in Public Relations and Corporate Communications and begins on 14th August 2020. Selected candidates can also opt for PGPR Lite – a version of the programme that can be completed completely online, without the students having to relocate to the campus in Mumbai.
Several PR firms have also come forward to award scholarships to candidates selected for the flagship PGPR. These scholarships include financial rewards ranging from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000. Kaizzen, India’s leading Independent PR agency New Delhi based PR firm has announced the Kaizzen Fellowship – through which the firm will fully fund the tuition fee of two candidates belonging to financially weak backgrounds.
Any graduate who can commit to eight hours of learning per day may apply. The PGPR Lite will allow participants with a good internet connection, sitting in the safety and comfort of their home to pursue their post-graduation in a dynamic field without having to relocate. Endorsed by the Public Relations Consultant Association of India (PRCAI), it is also open to those with work experience looking to join PR consultancies or corporate communications and want to upskill by adding a credible certification to their CVs.
The programme aims to address the growing talent crunch in the communication profession at the entry level. It offers more than 350 sessions including over 30 masterclasses conducted by industry veterans. The exposure includes training in extensive research & writing, access to over 100 campaigns, and digital and mainstream Public Relations tactics with a total of 36 courses covered. The students completing the course will have access to a jobs marketplace in 2021 and will get connected to SCoRe’s robust alumni network.
Key features of SCoRe’s PGPR Lite include:
- Ready for PR: The programme prepares students to start a career in Public Relations and Corporate Communications, and become a powerful professional therein
- Study Remotely: Students will complete the entire programme remotely. All they need is a laptop with camera and an internet connection
- Robust Syllabus: Programme includes access to the latest curriculum of SCoRe’s flagship programme, collaborative learning with students of the flagship programme, and learning from dozens of PR and Corporate Communications leaders.
- PRCAI endorsed Certificate: Students who successfully complete the programme earn a PG Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communications endorsed by PRCAI – assuring the most recognised certification in PR in India
- Fee: PGPR Lite 1.6 Lakh + GST* (*Rs. 1.5 Lakh + GST for candidates who sign up before July 30)
- Timelines: 10 Months – 14 August 2020 to 15 June 2021
“The communications profession needs well prepared and committed professionals with a wide range of competencies, to deal with complex reputation issues. SCoRe’s PRGR Lite programmes are designed to address this need, while allowing students to learn and upskill themselves with an affordable investment. The PGPR Lite participants can ride on the enormous potential of remote learning and create employment opportunities for themselves in a year.” says Hemant Gaule, Dean, SCoRe.
The programme opens the prospects to a variety of challenging and fulfilling roles in the communication industry and one will get to be a part of path-breaking campaigns. Interested students can apply through SCoRe’s website. Applicants will be shortlisted based on a written test and virtual interview. The final date to apply is 5 August, and the list of selected candidates will be announced on 10 August or within 72 hours after completing the admission process.