The NSE Centre for Behavioral Science at IIM Ahmedabad is organizing its very first annual two-day conference on Behavioral Science in Management (BSIM) on April 9th and 10thvirtually. The conference shall be attended by experts from academia and industry across sectors.
The conference is one of its kind as it is serving as a platform for gaining nuanced perspectives on behavioral science research and its applications in various fields of management. It will also include paper presentations by researchers from universities and managers from companies, showcasing the latest behavioral studies in the fields of marketing, economics, finance and public policy. There will be many engaging discussions on issues in the Indian financial markets and services, aiding policy decision making, consumer and investor behavior, management practices and marketing strategies directed by behavioral insights.
This two-day event is set to host numerous eminent dignitaries including the Chief Guests Mr. Ravi Varanasi, Chief Business Development Officer, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.; Mr. Harish Bhat, Brand Custodian, Tata Sons and Prof. Venkatraman, Fox School of Business, Temple University, who will give the keynote address. On the academic front, eminent leaders like Prof. Shamika Ravi, Nonresident Senior Fellow-Governance Studies, Brookings Institution, India; Prof. Atishi Pradhan, Global Planning Director, Wunderman Thompson; Prof. Rama Bijapurkar, Independent Management Consultant and several IIMA professors are going to be present at the conference and share their valuable insights.
The industry expertise will be proffered by Ms. Radhika Gupta, CEO, Edelweiss Asset Management Limited; Mr. Sudhir Sitapati, Executive Director, Hindustan Unilever Limited; Mr. Arun Pratap Singh, COO- Matter Motor Works; Mr. Trithankar Patnaik, Chief Economist, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd; Mr. Nisarg Trivedi, Middle East Sales Director, Schroders Investment Management and Mr. Deepak Agarwal, CEO, Turbohire.
Speaking about the conference, Prof. Arvind Sahay, Chairperson, NSE IIMA Centre for Behavioral Science says, “Human Behavior is an underlying foundational premise for many activities in different areas – in marketing, finance, public policy, economics, organizational behavior, and business processes. The conference is visualized as a platform for presentation of research and exchange of ideas relating to theories and applications of behavioral science; a platform where academia, industry and policy makers come together. We think that this can make a significant contribution to enhancing the quality of discourse and application in the area of behavioral science and its applications in this part of the world. For researchers, For managers, And for policy makers. We are delighted to have the support of NSE that has enabled the center to get off the ground as a pioneering effort in this area of research and application.”
The conference is segregated in five panels where the academic and industry leaders will discuss contemporary behavioral studies and their applications on the following topics:
- Innovation and Technology in Behavioral science impacting OB and HR-discussions around using AI and information systems to improve human resource management.
- Impact of Mobility in Technology on Customer Behavior-exploring how new age mobile technology enhances the interaction between users and brands and influences consumer choices.
- Behavior and Neuroscience in Marketing-discourse on the current research unearthing how the brain operates and makes decisions and utilizing this information to drive efficient marketing strategies.
- Behavioral Science in the making of Public Policy-discussing the ground-level impact of government policies and how public behavioral insights inform more effective solutions.
- Market cycles and investors behavior-the panel of financial experts deliberate the changes in market cycles and explore how better understanding of investor’s motivations could help wealth advisors, fund managers and financial analysts.