Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi has announced the beginning of the application process for its PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI). The interested candidates can apply till [20th July, 2020 on the institute’s official website, https://www.pgddsai.iiitd.ac.in/
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI), has emerged as a thriving field from Industry Utility and Employability point of view. This market is likely to swell to USD 20 billion by 2025. Companies are becoming increasingly reliant on data-backed intelligence and are eager to hire data professionals who can make sense of the information their respective businesses collect day in and day out. With the fast-paced expansion of the AI/ML job market, the skill gap is becoming a reason for worry. The Employer demand for AI skill outstripped job seekers by 2.2 times in Jun 2018. This supply-demand gap indicates a huge opportunity for mid and senior-level professionals to transit into the field of Data Science and AI.
To cater to the upskilling needs of IT professionals and to meet the industry requirements, IIIT-Delhi, in collaboration with IBM has launched a nine-month-long PG Diploma program in Data Science and AI (PGDDS&AI). The institute will conduct the entire program through online classes on the weekends on every Saturday and one Sunday every month.
It is the most comprehensive diploma program which allows professionals from different industry verticals (arts/commerce/medicine) to reboot their careers. Our industry collaboration will give the participants ample opportunities to work on real-life data science projects. The courses will be taught by IIIT-Delhi faculty members, as well as IBM leaders in Analytics. Towards this, an MOU has been signed between IIIT-Delhi and IBM on 27th Dec 2019.
What you will learn?
- Foundational Statistics, mathematical analysis, and optimization.
- Fundamental and advanced machine learning and deep learning.
- Solving real life problems arising from different industry verticals.
- Data engineering techniques
- Handling big data
- In-depth understanding of various business application domains.
Who should apply?
- Students who have completed B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing OR B.Tech/BE in any other discipline OR MCA or MSc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science) OR MBA OR Bachelors in Economics/ Statistics/ Mathematics or equivalent, including Social Science students / Healthcare students and intend to pursue a career in Data Science and AI.
- IT and other professionals with limited or no knowledge in artificial intelligence who want to make a career change.
- Policy makers and senior-level executives, and not for profit leaders who recognize the importance of AI and want to harness its potential responsibly.
- Decision-makers from anyorganization, any industry, and any country who work with internal or external technology teams.
1. Candidates will be first shortlisted based on their academic credentials and experience
2. Final selection will be done based on the interview
How to apply?
The online application form is available on the official website:https://pgddsai.iiitd.ac.in/and the last date for the submission of online application form is [20th July 2020 (Thursday).