Global Indian International School (GIIS), a premier education institute will celebrate International Yoga Day, with over 5000 students across 6 campuses including Noida, Bangalore, Pune and Ahmedabad in India. Yoga is an ancient Indian practice that has gained popularity and acceptance world over and people across the globe celebrate International Yoga Day on 21st June. GIIS believes in holistic development of its students, including their mental, physical and spiritual well being and therefore, the institution has been offering Yoga training as part of its curriculum to its students for long. To mark the day, a variety of engaging virtual activities will be held across GIIS campuses. Experts like Mr. Arun Kumar Juyal, a motivational Yoga Instructor, Popular yoga practitioners with specialization in ashtanga principles and personalisties like Dr. Sunita Godara, Asian Marathon Champion 1992 – Marathon & Fitness Coach & Promoter will also be a part of the celebrations at Global Indian International School Noida.
Commenting on the celebration, Mr. Rajiv Bansal, Director-Operations, Global Indian International School (GIIS) said “Yoga is India’s gift of wellness to the world and as an educational institution, we take immense pride in extending the benefits of this practice to our students and teachers. The past year has been exceptionally challenging for young minds as they dealt with uncertainty that led to anxiety and fear. In such times, Yoga not only helps in relaxing and bringing back the much needed mental focus, but also helps improve physical health by enhancing mobility. We are extremely thankful to all experts who will be joining us this Yoga day and will engage with our students. We are sure that our students will feel further motivated and enthused to follow a path of holistic wellness.”
Global Indian International School – Noida
- Webinar on “Be with Yoga, be at Home” for students from PP to Grade 5 – inspired to make yoga daily part of their life.
- One-hour yoga session with students, parents & teachers under the guidance of motivational yoga trainer Mr. Arun Kumar Junyal.
- Special session to be organized for senior students to enlighten about the benefits of yoga alongwith a demonstration of yoga postures and musical yoga by a Yoga Trainer.
- Held a yoga challenge for their students where the children had to share a 30 seconds video clip of them practising an asana. The winners will be announced to mark the occasion.
Global Indian International School – Whitefield & Bannerghatta, Bangalore
- Special session for pre-primary students on the benefits of yoga.
- Student engagement with yoga centric activities and postures through videos.
- Virtual yoga session with yoga asanas for students of secondary grade to be organised to help maintain their well being.