Finland, voted the World’s Happiest Country for the fourth year, is welcoming talented Indians to study, work and establish start-ups in the country. Ranked as one of the world’s most progressive countries, the nation has launched a ‘Future is made in Finland’ campaign, to attract global talent in technology, health tech, digitalization and other high-growth sectors.
The educational campaign is being delivered through a series of interactive and insightful virtual events. The next episodes will take place from the 15th to 24th November 2021. At the events the Finnish technology and innovation ecosystem is being showcased, and the participants will get an up-close of study opportunities, progressive career opportunities and high quality of life for global talents.
A safe and highly skilled work and study environment
Finland is showcasing environmentally conscious, equal opportunities and next-generation technology research and development which are leading the world.
According to the Ambassador of Finland H.E. Ritva Koukku-Ronde: “Finland has outlined a strategic, ambitious plan to increase diversity, improve inclusivity and establish next-generation global technology leadership through the attraction of foreign talents. In the next 10 years, the Finnish government is aiming to welcome an estimated 15,000 new foreign students annually. “
According to Ms. Ulla Hiekkanen-Mäkelä, Head of Talent Boost in Business Finland: “Innovative and dynamic Finnish companies are offering attractive career opportunities for foreign talents after graduation. Beyond this, the country is known for its superior work-life balance, exemplified by employee-friendly work hours, to enable ample opportunities for professionals to spend time with their families.“
- The Finnish ICT industry, a recognised frontrunner when it comes to game-changing innovations, including the Linux open-source operating system, modern mobile messaging, best testing environments for 5G mobile data, new smartphone camera technologies, next generation 6G wireless technologies, AI, Industrial IoT and more
- The Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence (FCAI), a platform for experts in artificial intelligence throughout the country to come together and deal with real-life problems utilising existing and novel AI. In 2018, under the Academy of Finland’s flagship programme, The University of Oulu’s 6G-Enabled Wireless Smart Society & Ecosystem programme became the first in the world to focus on 6G research, particularly on the development of near-instant unlimited wireless connectivity
- One of the best places in the world for games development – with decades of tech know-how and digital talent – and internationally recognised gaming studios such as Supercell, Rovio, Nextgames and Remedy Entertainment
- Ground-breaking research and innovative business collaboration around health tech. Finland is redefining the future of digital health, with advancements across immunology, comprehensive R&D, biobanks and artificial intelligence segments.
- One of the leading countries in developing quantum technology hardware and ecosystem. A decade-long expertise in low-temperature technology has earned the world record of the lowest possible temperature next to the absolute zero; this expertise is in the core of developing future quantum cryotechnologies. Moreover, Finland and India are jointly developing collaborative schemes in quantum technology and computing.
Be part of the one of the world’s most innovative landscapes
Across its beautifully diverse country, Finland offers career opportunities in world-renowned technology companies such as Nokia, Kone, IQM Finland and Oura. Whether talents have ambitions to become a successful entrepreneur, to build a career with some of the biggest technology names in the world or complete their higher education, Finland is the ideal place to explore. Anyone looking to take a quantum leap into the future can do so by joining the following upcoming ‘Future is made in Finland’ series of webinars https://www.studyinfinland.fi/