The Dassault Systemes Centre of Excellence (COE) has been inaugurated at the BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology (BSACIST) campus today. This centre of excellence has been set up at the School of Mechanical Sciences at BSACIST.
This Centre of Excellence will help enhance the professional skills of students by helping them become industry ready even during their study here as the student’s trained through the programme will be interacting in the global and local Dassult Systemes forums.
This COE is established based on the “Dassault Systèmes Academy Member Program” initiative and BSACIST will be the Academic Certification Centre of DASSAULT SYSTEMES. This program will offer Job oriented skill based value added programmes for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Mechanical, Automobile, Aerospace and Polymer Engineering streams.
Students will be trained in two basic and 5 advanced 3D experience software based on the job role they choose. There are more than 30 job roles available for the students to choose such as 3D designer, 3D innovator, Engineering Exert, Style Engineering, Production Engineer, Programme Manager and Simulation Engineer.
BSACIST has also signed an MoU with EDS Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore to train the trainees. M/s. EDS Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is the training partner and the authorised dealers of Dassault Systemes in India. The MoU is signed by Dr. A.Azad, the registrar of BSACIST and Mr.Senthil, President of EDST.
The Salient features of the Dassault Systemes Centre of Excellence are:
- Establish B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology as the prestigious ‘Academic Certification Centre of DASSAULT SYSTEMES’
- Award the coveted ‘3DS ACADEMY MEMBER’ label to B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
- Provide Expert Advisory & Training services that will help students and faculty
- Create marketing and advertising Campaign for Centre of Excellence at B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
- Enhance the employability of students
- Enriches the opportunity to connect with global and local innovation centres
- Provides world class training in latest technologies
- Develops industry connect in 12 major disciplines
- Enables the institution to nurture innovation and become a “hub & spoke” model in the ecosystem
- Supports industry and academic research
- Sharpens the trainee skills with project based learning