Village Capital today announced that Board Infinity, Workflexi, Unschool Learning, and Mentoria were peer-selected to receive investment as part of the Future of Work India, an investment-readiness program run by Village Capital with support from the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE).
The program supported 18 Indian startups that are using technology to help people across the country find jobs, build careers, and prepare for the future of work. The entrepreneurs benefited from a wide range of support services including training, networking opportunities and access to industry experts, mentors, and investors to scale their impact.
Speaking on the program’s finalization, Village Capital’s Programs and Partnerships lead for south Asia, Shreyansh Chandak said, “It’s a critical time for us to redefine the future of work, especially in India where the current unemployment rate has been rising over the past couple of years. Supporting startups that are enabling us to better understand, respond to, and prepare for the future workplace is key in creating new job opportunities. We see a lot of promise with the startups we’ve supported within this program and look forward to engaging further with other regional stakeholders in the ecosystem.”
The four peer-selected companies are focused on the following:
- Board Infinity is a leading higher education platform for students and early career professionals that provide access to industry-focused courses and mentors.
- Vigour Contingent Pvt Ltd (Workflexi) is an online platform that connects professionals in IT/ITES and creative domains with recruiters and follows a milestone-based pay- as-you- go model. It aims to improve the cost-efficiency of hiring and managing talent for companies along with better access to opportunities to skilled professionals.
- Unschool.in is an e-mentorship platform that allows students, graduates, young professionals, entrepreneurs etc to create an online learning ecosystem that fits their needs and industry demands.
- Mentoria is a counseling platform that offers career discovery, assessment, and mentorship solutions for students (classes 8th-12th), college graduates, and working professionals. With its proprietary psychometric tests, trained career counselors, and career library, it helps students identify the right career options, matching their abilities, personalities, and interests.
The full list of companies that took part in the Future of Work India accelerator includes:
- AssessHub – a talent assessment and predictive analytics platform that can provide customized tests for each role.
- EduGorilla Community Pvt Ltd – an app and web-based test preparation platform that focuses on state-level government exams, mock interviews as well as online and offline tests.
- EvueMe Selection Robot – a pre-screening platform for assessment on key competencies, providing AI-based ranking, and critical data to help the selection process.
- Extraclass – a gamified social learning network that allows young learners to collaborate and help each other in improving learning outcomes, offers free content and rewards users for uploading content.
- GetConduct assists companies in tracking diversity data, allows employees to have a confidential discussion with a bot on matters of sexual harassment at the workplace, provides byte- sized content on the POSH Act and redressal assistance.
- iDreamCareer -an app and web-based full-stack career and college discovery platform, offering career guidance programs for high school and college students, choosing the right colleges and subjects, building a personalized career trajectory through psychographic analysis and career counselling programs.
- Iona.ai – an all-in-one conversational AI platform that helps companies in remote onboarding using a chatbox for quality hiring at speed and scale resulting in time and cost savings.
- MentorMind – an online platform where students and young professionals can access and work on real-time work situations through virtual internships with industry partners leading to certifications and jobs.
- PMaps – a platform that improves hiring outcomes through quick and automated assessments for mass recruiters by evaluating skills and personality traits through a set of Images.
- Pick My Work -an online platform that helps clients hire, manage and track performance of staff ,reward them and provide training to workers.
- Prepleaf Preparation -a job preparation platform helping job seekers in data science and analytics.
- Processbee Technologies Pvt Ltd – game-based learning solutions that provide immersive onboarding and skilling as a SaaS to businesses and universities for training.
- Qandle -an HR SaaS solution. It covers all the requirements across core HR, talent management, payroll and business expenses and can be tailored.
- Trabaajo Software Labs for better matches between employees and employers and increasing productivity using AskTrabaajo- the real-time virtual assistant.