The Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), Israel is now inviting applications for M.Sc. in Life Sciences for the Spring 2022 session.
The program is led by BGU’s Department of Life Sciences and Faulty of Natural Sciences. The course enables students in tackling questions related to protein science, microbiology, development, physiology, neurobiology, genomics, structural biology, ecology and other fields.
Research at the Department of Life Sciences relies on a wide variety of experimental systems, including bacteria, archaea, yeast, plants, insects, fish and other forms of marine life, rodents, and mammals, to unravel the mystery of life at the gene, protein, cell, system and organism levels. With a team of investigators conducting cutting edge research in numerous realms of modern biology, the department aims to help provide solutions to problems related to the molecular basis of disease, cellular architecture, aging, life in extremes and wildlife conservation.
The M.Sc. program offers a Thesis (research) track and requires two years of full-time study. Outstanding students may join the combined M.Sc.-Ph.D. track during the 2nd year of their M.Sc. studies.
Applications are now being accepted for Spring 2022
Spring semester dates: February 27th, 2022- June 24th, 2022
Application deadline: Rolling admission
- A B.Sc. degree in Life sciences or an equivalent that is relevant to the specific research field selected, from an accredited university.
- B.Sc. Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 83/ 100.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members; one of which should be from the potential advisor.
- A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their B.Sc. degree in a program taught in English.
- Prior to applying to the M.Sc. program, the international applicant is advised to contact a potential advisor from the Department. In order to assist you in finding an advisor, please visit [email protected]
Tuition: Tuition is approximately $ 5,000 (US) per year.
Scholarship: Outstanding students may be eligible for scholarships, which cover tuition fees and provide living expenses.
How to Apply: Complete the online application form here and submit all the supporting documentation: https://bgu4u.bgu.ac.il/pls/scwp/!app.gate?app=reg&f=1&d=2&lang=en