Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), Israel is now inviting applications for its two-year M.Sc. program in Ecology and Nature Conservation.
In the face of the biodiversity crisis and the threat to ecological systems and the services they provide, our program in Ecology and Nature Conservation aims at creating a new generation of scientists, experts, and field workers with a broad knowledge in the field of applicative ecology, conservation biology, and evolutionary ecology.
This particular program is a joint effort by the Department of Life Sciences and the Albert Katz International School of Desert Studies. The program aims to provide students with a theoretical background in ecology and evolution, with emphasis on biodiversity, community dynamics and organism-level processes, combined with methodological knowledge, including statistics, mathematics, model developing and assessment procedures specific to nature conservation and management.
The two-year program offers a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree based on a research thesis in one of two study tracks that overlap in their thematic background but emphasize different aspects of ecology: Evolutionary Ecology (E) and Nature Conservation and Management (N).
Admission Cycle: Spring Semester 2022 applications can be submitted at this time, on a rolling basis.
Course dates: Spring semester dates: February 27th, 2022- June 24th, 2022
Application deadline: Rolling Admission
- A B.Sc. degree in science is required from an accredited institution.
- A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their B.Sc. degree in a program taught in English.
- Applicants are expected to contact by e-mail one or more potential supervisors with whom they would like to work on their thesis (for more details, please refer to “Faculty Members”).
Tuition: Approximately $34,995 (per 2-year program)
Scholarship: Scholarships covering tuition and living expenses may be available to outstanding students.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application form here:https://bgu4u.bgu.ac.il/pls/scwp/!app.gate?app=reg&f=1&d=2&lang=en
- Send the following documents directly email@example.com:
- A) A certified copy of your diploma
- B) Certified copies of your academic transcripts
- C) Curriculum Vitae
- D) Two letters of recommendation along with the reference form, written by academicians
- E) Class rank (if available)
- F) Official copy of TOFEL examination score or IELTS examination score
- G) Student Housing Form-https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaO3Bc1p301KH-JIxemGx-jO76gR6xfRVRlb5iiP6m4OiZXg/viewform
- H) A photocopy of the first page of your passport
- The admission requirements and terms will comply with the AKIS’s admission requirements and require approval of the program’s teaching committee.