HolonIQ’s annual India & South Asia EdTech 100 includes EdTech startups based in the South Asian countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. This region is one of the most populated in the world with the largest youth group globally. Education is a critical focus for countries in the region and EdTech has the potential to provide greater access to education and support improved learning outcomes for millions of learners.
EdTech in the South Asia region has seen significant growth over the past two years, particularly India, which is one of the fastest growing EdTech markets globally. The combination of India’s New Education Policy, which launched mid-2020 and represented a step-change in approaches to technology enabled learning, along with the impact of the pandemic, have catalysed India’s EdTech sector to new levels of market acceptance, usage and private capital investment. In 2020 alone there was $2.3B of EdTech venture capital investment in India, eclipsing Europe’s VC investment for the same period and just shy of the US figure. 2021 has seen an explosion of growth with $1.4B invested in the first half, again setting the benchmark for the biggest year yet in EdTech.
Using the HolonIQ platform, its intelligence unit team and market experts selected the top 100 digital education companies, based on HolonIQ’s scoring fingerprint that includes capital, team, market, product and momentum.
Here are Top 5 Edtech Startups who have made it to the Top 100 HolonIQ list for Indian and South Asia in the STEAM category:
1. ImaginXP: ImaginXP is a leading Higher Ed company in Future-skill that provides full-time Degree programs, for-credit and executive certifications. These are tailored high-quality industry-driven programs in the fields of UX, Industrial Design, Communication Design, AI/ML, Data Science, Health-tech, RPA, Fintech, Management, Entrepreneurship etc., within the last few years, ImaginXP has partnered with 30+ universities across the country. 1250+ working professionals act as corporate coaches and mentors on the ImaginXP MyCoach platform to train and mentor through master classes and live projects to increase student employability. ImaginXP, with its future-skill programs in India is disrupting the Indian Higher Education sector and up-skilling professionals with its Industry relevant programs.
2. Cuemath: Cuemath is a one-on-one online personalized math and coding tutoring service backed by Google, is helping to bridge the growing math gap by offering access to guided math curriculum and exercises at no cost to qualifying K-12 students. The “One Billion Math Minds” program aims to grow math tutoring access and equity regardless of student location, economic ability or background.
3. Doubtnut: Doubnut is a multi-lingual, doubt-solving platform that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide video-based solutions. The company offers structured paid courses which include live tuition classes, video lectures, test series, and other learning materials for classes 6-12 and test preparations for IIT-JEE and NEET. Doubtnut specialises in developing content in vernacular languages and uses technology to create affordable solutions for people in this large target segment.
4. CAMPK12: Camp K12 connects students in the 5-18 age group across the globe with teachers for live, interactive online courses across skills such as coding and English. Students learn one-on-one with private teachers, or in small groups with friends, in Camp K12’s gamified online environments. Outside of class, students continue to interact with classmates across Camp K12’s “LinkedIn for Kids”-like community app featuring real-time multiplayer duels, self-paced quizzes, free workshops, and daily brain development.
5. Codingal: Codingal Education conducts live 1:1 classes for children from Grade 1-12 to learn coding. It is on a mission to inspire school kids to fall in love with coding. Its unique curriculum teaches coding scientifically by combining BIDE, STEAM and BLOOM’s Taxonomy. The platform strives to make learning computer science a fun activity children look forward to and is constantly working to make sessions and activities as interactive and entertaining for the kids as possible.